20120524

Data Science and Data Visualization

I am planning for a while to respond on Donald Farmer's comments on my recent blog post about Power View.


But instead I found myself thinking about relationship between Data Science and Data Visualization and yesterday Forbes (thanks to Dan Woods) published Donald's "explanation" about "What is a Data Scientist" and it forced me to write about it here before anything else.


Data Science was under radar until 2001, when various people started to use this term as an unifying umbrella for the set of predictive analytics algorithme, statistical methods, data mining technologies etc. like anomaly and trend detection, dependency and correlation modeling, clustering, classification, regression and summarization, pattern discovery etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment